released: 17 Jun 2010 author: AIHW
Australia's hospital 2008-09 at a glance provides summary information on Australia's 1,317 public and private hospitals. In 2008-09, there were: 8.1 million hospitalisations in public and private hospitals; 7.2 million presentations to accident and emergency departments, and 70% of patients were seen within recommended times for their triage category. This publication is a companion to the annual Australian hospital statistics 2008-09 publication.
ISSN 1036-613X; ISBN 978-1-74249-033-5; Cat. no. HSE 89; 28pp.; Internet only
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Body section
- How many hospitals are there?
- How many beds are there?
- How diverse are public hospitals?
- How many people are employed in Australia’s hospitals?
- How much do hospitals spend?
- How are our hospital services funded?
- What services do Australian hospitals provide?
- Emergency department services
- Outpatient care
- Admitted patient care: overview
- Admitted patient care: same-day acute care
- Admitted patient care: overnight acute care
- Admitted patient care: elective surgery
- Admitted patient care: sub-acute and non-acute care
- End matter
AIHW 2010. Australia's hospitals 2008-09 at a glance. Cat. no. HSE 89. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 24 August 2016 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442468374>.