This report provides medical validations for three conditions of concern regarding the health of Vietnam veterans and their children - adrenal gland cancer in veterans' children, the four main types of leukaemia in veterans and their children, and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in veterans. It is the second supplementary report to Morbidity of Vietnam Veterans: Volume 3 Validation Study and responds to a recommendation of that study that 'cancer of the adrenal gland in veterans' children be further investigated and compared to a derived community standard'. Comparisons have also been made for the four leukaemia types to expand on the total leukaemia comparisons from the study, while the non-Hodgkin's lymphoma comparisons are revisions to those included in the validation report.This report further extends the knowledge about the health of Vietnam veterans and their families.
ISBN 978 1 74024 083 3; Cat. no. PHE 28; 27pp.; Internet only
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title page and verso
- Letter to the Minister for Veterans' Affairs
- List of tables and figures
- Definition of conditions
- Adrenal gland cancer in veterans' children
- Leukaemia in veterans and their children
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in veterans and their children
- End matter
- Appendix 1: Derivation of Australian community standards for veterans' children
- Appendix 2: Derivation of Australian community standards for veterans' leukaemia
AIHW, DVA 2001. Morbidity of Vietnam veterans: adrenal gland cancer, leukaemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, supplementary report 2. Cat. no. PHE 28. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 1 May 2017 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442467288>.