Australia’s hospitals 2014–15 at a glance provides summary information on Australia’s public and private hospitals. In 2014–15, there were 10.2 million hospitalisations, including 2.5 million involving surgery. Public hospitals provided care for 7.4 million presentations to emergency departments, with 74% of patients seen within recommended times for their triage category and about 73% completed within 4 hours. This publication is a companion to the 2014–15 Australian hospital statistics suite of publications.
ISSN 2205-5096 (PDF) 1036-613X (Print); ISBN 978-1-74249-967-3; Cat. no. HSE 175; 36pp.; $18
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Body section
- Hospital resources
- How many hospitals were there?
- How many beds?
- How diverse were Australia's public hospitals?
- How were hospitals funded?
- How many people were employed in Australia's hospitals?
- What services do Australia's hospitals provide?
- Emergency department services
- Outpatient clinics
- Admitted patient care
- Surgery in Australia's hospitals
- Related information
AIHW 2016. Australia's hospitals 2014–15 at a glance. Health services series no. 70. Cat. no. HSE 175. Canberra: AIHW.